Rosslare Harbour Lighthouse
SD: Freestanding single-bay two-stage lighthouse, under construction 1902; commissioned 1906?, on a circular plan supporting lantern. Set on mass concrete "ashlar" battered pier [OS].APPRAISAL:SA: A small-scale lighthouse surviving as an interesting relic of the redevelopment (1902-6) of Rosslare Harbour by Charles Brand and Son, contractors of Glasgow, on behalf of the Fishguard and Rosslare Railways and Harbours Company (FRRHC).
|Collection||National Inventory of Architectural Heritage|
(Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government. All Rights Reserved.)
|Provider||Irish Manuscripts Commission|